TO ALL OUR VENDORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS AND CLIENTS
As you know, the COVID-19 health emergency is spreading rapidly across the world, and industry is preparing for its impacts. Kova Engineering (Saskatchewan) Ltd., appreciates the trust you place in us and in our people, wherever we do business together. We recognize this is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. Kova has implemented our Pubic Health Emergency and Business Continuity Plans.
Additionally, in the wake of this worldwide pandemic, Kova has taken the following precautions in efforts to protect you and our people:
We ask that you observe the following:
- Be attentive to alerts, warning levels and recommendations as issued by the Centers for Disease Controls (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and all local level authorities on the matter.
- We have closed our office locations to visits from the public. If you are a vendor, we ask that you contact the office prior to your visit to arrange for safe drop offs/pickups from our locations.
- We ask that if you (or anyone you are in close contact with) has visited a high-risk virus area, has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, or has a fever and/or is feeling ill, to reschedule any meetings or inspection appointments you may have with our people or conduct meetings over video or conference call means.
- If our people visit or work at your locations, please let us know if there are any specific or unique instructions or policies your company may have in place for COVID-19 so that we can best be prepared to cooperate with these policies.
In addition to the above, we have instituted the following additional precautions with our people:
- We have asked any person who is feeling unwell to stay at home, and consult with their doctor as applicable;
- We asked that our people observe the CDC recommendations for everyday preventive actions, such as: (i) avoid close contact with people; (ii) avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; (iii) avoid handshakes and hugs; (iv) cover your cough or sneeze; (v) wash your hands often with soap/water and if soap/water is not available, with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We have restricted business travel outside of Canada and limited all provincial travel to only that which is essential to our operations;
- Employees who have travelled internationally for business or personal reasons (or who have been in close contact with anyone who has) as well as employees exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 have been instructed to self -isolate, contact 811, and remain in contact with our Human Resources department, specifically Kova's inhouse pandemic coordinators;
- Meetings with individuals travelling from high-risk locations are to be rescheduled or conducted by video or conference call;
- We have asked all our people to refrain from attending public events; and
- A work-from-home protocol has been instituted by our IT Department, and employees that have the capabilities have been asked to work from home.
For our customers where our inspectors attend your sites, all inspection documentation is currently provided electronically. We can also offer the following accommodations upon request:
- Customers can park or place equipment to be inspected in an open, low traffic area in their yard or parking lot. The inspector attending site will phone their site contact prior to driving on and leaving site and will remain 2 meters away from client personnel to limit contact.
- Our inspectors are equipped with respirators and gloves as part of their assigned personal protective equipment. Inspectors can utilize this equipment for the entirety of their site visit upon request.
While there is no impact presently to productions or communications, and while some of these precautions may seem inconvenient, the health and safety of our people and yours remains our top priority. We continue to monitor the situation and will make every reasonable effort to maintain our operations and commitments, without disruptions, during the term of this worldwide pandemic. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this challenging time. Should you have questions or concerns, please direct them to our pandemic coordinators:
A PDF copy of this letter is available here.