What is the 3D Scanner?
We use the Leica ScanStation P40 – High-Definition 3D Laser Scanning Solution. This technology allows us to collect high-quality 3D data that is accurate and detailed, enabling us to custom fit our engineering designs to each individual project.
It also allows us to collect dimensional information with precision in less than ideal environmental conditions, without sacrificing clarity or efficiency during our information gathering process.
The benefits of using the scanner for your project:
- Collect data faster and more accurately than with conventional methods
- High quality, high resolution, usable information
- Reduces costly field re-work
- Decreases site visits needed to gather key information
- Accurate to within 2mm on a single point when compounding measurement error and registration error
- Laser scans to CAD software
What can Kova Engineering (Saskatchewan) Ltd. do with the technology?
The latest technology helps us to deliver exceptional speed, range and data quality wherever and wherever required. It is the ultimate solution for any 3D laser scanning task.
3D scanning can be used for projects such as:
- Reverse engineering and scanner inspections
- Construction scanning and verification to original design drawings
- Precise volumetric measurement of stockpiles, holding facilities, and tanks
- Tank calibration
- Interference and fit tolerance measurements prior to parts assembly
- Services for the mining industry
- Architecture and industrial structure scans
- Oil and gas scanning
- Road safety and accident reconstruction
- Land and building surveys